How to do Content Distribution for SEO
“I’m putting reviews on my client’s website and posting them to his Google Profile and LinkedIn account. Is this the right thing to do and what else can I do with his reviews?” – Steven Machado
We all know that it’s important to develop great and relevant content for our target audience in order to have a successful online business.
However, how and where we publish this content to maximize our efforts can become a daunting task.
If You Own a Website, You’re a Publisher
One book that I highly recommend for you to have right beside you on your desk is about how to do content marketing. The book is “Accelerate! – Move Your Business Forward Through the Convergence of Search, Social & Content Marketing” by Arnie Kueen.
I would also suggest watching Arnie’s online video on the 8 Critical Steps for Successful Content Marketing.
Your first take away from Arnie should be the understanding that if you own a website, you are a publisher.
The 8 Critical Steps For Successful Content Marketing
There are 8 critical steps you need to follow to have a successful online presence.
- Content Creation
- Link Building
Distribution – Finding the Right Channels for Your Content
Assuming that you have awesome content on your site which you’re proud of, we will then focus our attention to answer Steven’s question about how and where to distribute this content.
1 – Create Your Social Profiles
A Google + and LinkedIn account is a great start. However, to expand your footprint even further, consider other Web 2.0 properties such as Squido, Hubpages, forums and other distribution channels.
2 – Target Your Audience
You hate spammers, I hate spammers but more importantly, Google hates spammers.
One of your top goals is to identify your audience and some of the places they hang out.
Then, engage them by answering their questions and pain points in an article and/or video. After you do this, distribute the content (like we are doing with this article) .
3 – Re-purpose and Promote Your Content
Remember, Google hates duplicate content, so you will need to repurpose your content before you redistribute it to your other channels.
As an example, here are some of the plans I have for promoting and re-purposing the content from this article.
- The original will be published on our SEO Training website.
- I’ll link to this article from my LinkedIn, Facebook, Twitter and Google + accounts.
- I’ll reply to Steven on Facebook, thanking him for such a great question and I will include a link to this article. The reply will be published to Steven’s Facebook Wall.
- I’ll be sending Arnie Kueen an email telling him that I am promoting his book and asking him to share it with his community
- I’ll go to some of the SEO forums that I belong to and search out similar questions that this article addresses. I will then engage that audience while posting a link to this article.
- I’ll search out similar articles and questions on other blogs, linking to them and/or posting comments.
- I’ll ask my friends and contacts in the SEO community to share this article with their tribe in their social media accounts.
- I’ll also ask those who are now reading this post to “share the love” by sharing this article with their community by pressing any of the buttons to the left on this article and/or commenting on the article below.
- I will re-purpose this content in this article by re-writing it and then publishing it to other web 2.0 social media properties with links back to this article.
Content Distribution Roadmap
To be successful in online marketing today, you need to have a well-defined roadmap that lays out your journey from start to finish.
What Content Marketing Questions or Comments Do You Have?
Do you have a comment and/or question about Content Marketing? If so, use the comment area below and we will answer them.
Related Posts via Taxonomies
Webinar Replay How to Increase Conversions and Traffic to Your Website
October 16th, 2014
Warning: Use of undefined constant php - assumed 'php' (this will throw an Error in a future version of PHP) in /home/customer/www/seotrainingsw.com/public_html/wp-content/themes/seoroadmap/sidebar.php on line 55
VIEW ALL WEBINARS >