SEO Tips for the Holiday Season
With Halloween only days away 1 question I’m sure is spinning around in your head is:
Is my online business ready for this Holiday Season?
When I owned and operated my eCommerce stores over 80% of my sales were made during the holiday season so it was critical that everything ran smoothly.
12 SEO Tips for the Holidays
- The demographics of your visitors may change drastically. As an example the target audience on my RadarDetector.org website shifts from being 95% male to 75% female. Because of this shift you need to make sure that your marketing message is clear to your new audience.
- Make sure that your keyword research is up-to-date. Include keyword modifiers such as “gifts”, “deals”, “presents”, “best buy”.
- Do a quick site audit. Identify the top entry pages of your site, making sure that your messaging and call to action is clear and that your visitors can easily navigate to the information they want. Also make sure your site does not have any broken links, that your links go to the correct pages and that your shopping cart is in good working order.
- Create new Holiday focused content based on your updated keyword research. One strategy that I use that is very successful is creating a “radar detector buyers guide”.
- Revise your meta descriptions using holiday shopping keywords.
- Use social media tools to identify where your prospective customers are hanging out and engage with them.
- Remember the 80/20 rule; spend 80% of your time on the 20% that makes you the most money.
- Blog, blog and blog some more. Also participate in other blogs and niche related forums.
- On Black Friday 2011, mobile search surpassed desktop search. Do you have a mobile friendly site for your customers AND Google?
- Make it easy for your holiday customers by creating a Holiday Gift Set from your products; these are typically products purchased together.
- Never do any split testing during the holidays because of the shift in your demographics.
- Don’t stress out! The Holidays’ will be over before you know it.
Do you have a Holiday SEO tip that you would like to share?
If so please use the comment area below
Related Posts via Taxonomies
Webinar Replay How to Increase Conversions and Traffic to Your Website
October 16th, 2014
Warning: Use of undefined constant php - assumed 'php' (this will throw an Error in a future version of PHP) in /home/customer/www/seotrainingsw.com/public_html/wp-content/themes/seoroadmap/sidebar.php on line 55
VIEW ALL WEBINARS >