Google’s April Algorithm (Nightmare) Changes
Yesterday Google released a new algorithm change in their attempt to flush out low quality sites from their SERPS (search engine result pages) and by doing so they may have thrown out the baby along with the bathwater.
As an example, do a search for “New Shoes”
Here you will see that 3 YouTube videos from the song “New Shoes” are ranking before any of the major brands in the shoe industry.
In doing a link analysis on these videos the 1st video has 55 backlinks, the 2nd zero links and the 3rd 15 links.
Another interesting term to search for in Google since Tuesday’s algorithm change is “Viagra”
Pfizer no longer ranks for their flagship product while HowStuffWorks.com is ranked #1!
Sound SEO Tactics that You Should Consider
First off if your website has fallen off of Google don’t go and make any MAJOR changes to your website quite yet, as I suspect that within the next couple days Google will make some additional tweaks to their new algorithm and your site may recover.
However here is some sound SEO Tactics that you should consider;
- Diversify Your Backlinks: Obtain backlinks from quality sites pointing to interior pages of your site
- Diversify Your Anchor Tag Keywords: Consider having at least 10 variations of anchor tag keywords pointing to your most important page(s). Don’t forget to include some of those “natural” anchor tags such as “click here”, “more info” and “home page”
- Avoid duplicate title tags
- Avoid having duplicate content on your website
- Check for any broken links on your website
Related Posts via Taxonomies
Webinar Replay How to Increase Conversions and Traffic to Your Website
October 16th, 2014
Warning: Use of undefined constant php - assumed 'php' (this will throw an Error in a future version of PHP) in /home/customer/www/seotrainingsw.com/public_html/wp-content/themes/seoroadmap/sidebar.php on line 55
VIEW ALL WEBINARS >