10 Tips to Build Trust in Your Website or Blog
You only have one chance to make a first impression so if your website does not instill a sense of trust with your visitors, your online business will never be successful.
Trust can is built by a number of small actions that you can implement of your entire website, here are 10 tips I would recommend.
- Website Design – Make sure that your website looks professional and that it is relevant it is to the subject matter.
- Clear Navigation –Make your website’s navigation is easy to follow to ensure that your visitors don’t get confused. Anything that you want a customer to see or experience should be up front and no more than two clicks away.
- Use Quality Content- Write your articles for human readers, not search engines. Follow the HEART rule of creating good content; Honest, Exclusive, Accurate, Relevant and Timely.
- Keep Your Website Current –Regularly add new content to your site that will actively engage your audience.
- Use Images of Trust-Piggyback off of reputable brands, if you accept credit cards use images of Mastercard, Visa, American Express on every page. If you’re a member of the Better Business Bureau use the BBB Logo.
- Publish Real Testimonials-Use real testimonials and third party endorsements, use real names and link to websites when possible.
- Publish a telephone number and real address-Your contact page should provide a e-mail form, a telephone number and a mailing address.
- Publish Your Guarantee and Return Policy – Consider having a 100% money-back guarantee and clearly state your refund and return policies.
- Only Ask for Information You Need-For example if you have an e-mail newsletter the only thing you really need is the customers e-mail address, so that is all you should request.
- Case Studies –Publish case studies of clients that you have helped, used your product.
The next time you visit a website ask yourself, would I trust purchasing something this site? Then ask yourself why or why not.
What are some of the items that you look for on a website when you make a buying decision?
Related Posts via Taxonomies
Webinar Replay How to Increase Conversions and Traffic to Your Website
October 16th, 2014
Warning: Use of undefined constant php - assumed 'php' (this will throw an Error in a future version of PHP) in /home/customer/www/seotrainingsw.com/public_html/wp-content/themes/seoroadmap/sidebar.php on line 55
VIEW ALL WEBINARS >