Success With Google AdWords and PPC
Tonight we hosted or SEO Training teleseminar with PPC and Google AdWords expert David Evans.
I kicked off David’s call by asking a common question I hear from Internet Marketers “Is there a way manage your own Google AdWords campaign without going broke?”
David said that he is also asked this same question weekly from clients who see that there are profits to be made with Google AdWords and PPC, however they are very worried about the money aspect. But yes there are ways to run your own PPC campaign even if you have a limited budget or if you’re unsure about the results.
David then explained some of the first things he looks at when starting up or reviewing a clients Google AdWords campaign;
- The historical click through rate (CTR) of the keyword and the matched ad on the site. For Google, only historical performance on Google is considered. For search partners, performance on the specific search partner is used, along with how the ad performs across the search network.
- The account history, which is measured by the CTR of all the ads and keywords in your account
- The historical CTR of the display URLs in the ad group
- The relevance of the keyword to the ads in its ad group
- The relevance of the keyword and the matched ad to the search query
- Your account’s performance in the geographical region where the ad will be shown
- And other relevance factors such as the quality of the landing page
Some of David’s tips included;
- Group keywords in very narrow groups.
- Isolate the best keywords
- Split Test, Split Test, Split Test
- Add to Your Negative Keyword List daily
- Relevant Landing Pages to your Adgroup/Keyword
- Monitor Your Quality Scores and Improve
- Separate Search Ads from Content Ads
- What is the Emotion of the Keyword (Desired Result)
- What is the Demographics/Geo targeted areas of the Niche
- Track the conversions.
During the second half the teleseminar David answered questions from our audience that included:
Michael & Teresa Blaes – Phoenix: “When you are just starting with Adwords what is the least amount you should start with and why?”
Monty – Gold Canyon: “Why is the landing page relevant?”
Patrick Lyons – Scottsdale: “Please define the difference between a Campaign and an ad group?”
Eddie – Tempe: “What is a typical conversation ratio can you expect for a PPC campaign?”
MT – Phoenix: “With regards to the content network, what’s the best way to weed out (or optimize) links that are using your ads. 2. Is Google mail a good or bad site to run an ad?”
Patrick Lyons – Scottsdale: “Is there an e-book about Google AdWords that is a good overview?” (Yes Perry Marshall’s Definitive Guide on Google AdWords)
You can listen to the call in its entirety by pressing the play button bellow.
If you would like to discover more secrets about PPC and AdWords David will be joining us at our Las Vegas SEO workshop scheduled for June 28th through July 2nd where he will be present his full four hour presentation on Google AdWords, Google Analytics and Google Webmasters while also offering his coaching students in setting and/or optimizing their own PPC campaign.
Also if you have any questions or comments from our teleseminar please comment in the area below as David will be checking in and he would love to hear from you!
Related Posts via Taxonomies
Webinar Replay How to Increase Conversions and Traffic to Your Website
October 16th, 2014
Warning: Use of undefined constant php - assumed 'php' (this will throw an Error in a future version of PHP) in /home/customer/www/seotrainingsw.com/public_html/wp-content/themes/seoroadmap/sidebar.php on line 55
VIEW ALL WEBINARS >